View Single Post
Old 28th September 2013, 02:49 PM
Cult Addict

I never said the BU or the XT version looks better, don't know where you got that from. I've never seen another HD version of the film.
I also am not in the habit of slating new transfers of these films. Even the ones which are generally considered a bit shonky i am generally happy with. So understand this purely my opinion of one particular release and not blu ray transfers of older films in general.
Why do I find it unwatchable, well I'm afraid I don't understand the technical aspects of HD transfers very well so I can't specifically say what the problem I see is called. It appears to me to be very very heavy thick snow or speckles, hence the net curtain/blizzard/bathroom window reference. Not what I'd consider heavy film grain which while I'm not fond off I accept and completely understand why it's there and how it's intrinsic to the nature of film. This is just incredibly thick speckling. Now I appreciate also this might be the best the film currently looks but it can't be the best it's capable of looking surely? Not when many of Arrows other earlier transfers looked superb.