View Single Post
Old 12th October 2013, 05:19 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Brooke View Post
I think there used to be an attitude that any release was better than nothing at all, and that if the only master available was a badly compromised one then so be it (to be fair, that attitude was by no means restricted to Arrow and several companies still have it), but it's clear from customer reactions that that's no longer sustainable.

Standards at Arrow are vastly higher now than they were three or four years ago - they've hired some really good people (in addition to the deservedly acclaimed James White, encoder extraordinaire David Mackenzie is handling a lot of their discs now), and take things like QC much more seriously. And indeed rejecting substandard masters at an early stage, even if it means scrapping entire releases.

I've QCed the vast majority of their recent releases myself, and have spotted and fixed mistakes that might well have ended up on the final release before - most recently an audio problem with Invasion of the Body Snatchers that did end up on the US BD!
Looking forward to that bodysnatchers release. Glad to hear its looking to be the best. Came real close to picking up the olive release at one point.

Now. Perhaps it's worth badgering them for a NIGHT OF THE DEMONS trilogy on BLU-RAY. Matriarch: mother of the living dead and cthulu mansion on Arrowdrome.