View Single Post
Old 27th October 2013, 09:53 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

So I spent the weekend in London in order to visit Fright Fest Halloween at the Vue west end.

Six films this year, plus a single short and no surprise film - which personally I thin is a shame.

Soulmate A number of the cast and crew, including producer Neil Marshall, turned up to present this British ghost story. I liked it, but it didn't manage to create any tension or jump in your seat moments.

Patrick Re-make of the 1970's Australian classic. It works very well, although the reliance on CGI (and poor quality CGI at that) detracts a little. The film was presented by its lead actress.

Mark of the devil Michael Armstrong turned up to introduce his controversial classic dealing with the torture (and stupidity) of the Witchfinders. I like this film a lot, but it has aged badly and is unlikely to attract many new fans.

Discopath I really disliked this film when saw it originally at the Fantasia world premiere. I realised with this second screening that I was being a little bit unfair. It has a number of flaws, but in this different setting it worked a lot better. The director was on hand to support the film and Paul as the evening went on.

The Station Nice "The Thing-alike" from Austria.

Nothing Left to Fear The first film produced by Slash's Slasher FIlms works very well but does't really contribute much new to the genre.

So overall a good line-up - nothing particularly bad but also nothing particularly good. I guess that this is mostly a second string line-up as the London international Film Festival seems to have captured the "three" must haves for a horror fest line-up.