View Single Post
Old 3rd November 2013, 10:39 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

220px-Burial-ground.jpg 220px-Night_of_the_Living_Dead_affiche.jpg 220px-Thebat_2poster.jpg candyman_xlg.jpg L_118793_0077651_9a3f6c49.jpg halloween3b.jpg halloween4return.jpg hellraiser_1_poster_011.jpg hellbound_hellraiser_ii_ver2.jpg Hellraiser.3.jpg LIVING-DEAD-AT-THE-MANCHESTER-MORGUE-panish-poster-2.jpg The_Wolf_Man_1941_Poster_by_smalltownhero.jpg the-bride-of-frankenstein-movie-poster-1935-1010434595.jpg TheGhoul.jpg The-Invisible-Man.jpg trick1.jpg vamp p.jpg

The Halloween film-a-ton had to be delayed until the weekend so these were the picks.
You cant have Halloween without some Universal Monsters the beauty of Frankensteins Bride the rage of The Invisible Man the emotional turmoil of the Wolfman. Each one a complete classic and essential viewing.

The Halloween films need no introduction 4 is far from great but Season of the Witch after the first is best.

Hellraiser i love this series well the first three anyway i have not seen the other ten or whatever it is now. News of Clive Barker writing a new script for Hellraiser has me very excited.

Burial Ground a great zombie film but Peter Bark steals the show from the zombies and is one of the creepiest "kids" i have ever seen in a film. The relationship between mother and son it so so wrong

Living Dead At The Manchester Morgue first time i ever watched this it became one of my top 5 Zombie films and each viewing after that first time it cements itself even more in that list of favourites.

Night Of The Living Dead Classic thats it

Candyman one of my favourite horrors of the 90s. Tony Todd is fantastic as Candyman a genuinely creepy film with some great music and a great setting.

The Ghoul a film that just oozes atmosphere

The Bat i have heard alot of people dismiss this film but i think its a great film maybe Vincent Price being involved clouds my judgement but its a fun film and The Bat himself looks great with his face hidden behind a black mask with only his eyes peeping out and his clawed gloves creating a very creepy character added to that the great use of light and shadows to hide the identity of The Bat.

Trick r Treat this is going to be a must every Halloween from now on. Captures the real feel of Halloween more than almost any other Halloween themed film i have ever seen.

Vamp a love it or hate it film im on the love side for this one. This could not be anymore 80s Grace Jones is great her movements and look really make her look undead but then again she never needed makeup to create an evil look. The thing that hits me most when ever i watch Vamp is the use of the pink and green lights i love the look of that and even when they hit the sewers the whole place glows of pink and green.