View Single Post
Old 5th November 2013, 02:02 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Vampire Journals (1997).

Zachary, a wayward vampire out for revenge against his own kind finds himself trying to protect an innocent girl from the powerful vampire Ash and his deadly coven of the undead.

Vampire Journals is one of Charles Band's Full Moon productions and stars Jonathon Morris, best known as Adrian Boswell from eighties tv classic Bread. Don't let this put you off though as Vampire Journals is pretty enjoyable. I used to have this on vhs and together with 1992's Tale of the Vampire ,had always wanted it on dvd. The film i remembered was bloody and choc full of nudity. Luckily watching Vampire Journals 16 years later i was pleased to find my memory didn't lie. Blood is spilt, heads roll and necks are bitten frequently, the film also has a couple of orgy scenes and other titilating sequences. Director Ted Nicolau, a veteran of Full Moon straight to video rubbish clearly knew his stuff by 97 and made the film look quite impressive despite its impoverished budget.

The film benefits from its East European locations with many scenes playing out in some rather posh mansion houses with characters that look to have been swiped from classic horror productions of the sixties, giving the film a nicely polished Gothic feel to it. The acting isn't always wonderful and the film could really do with a Cushing, Price or Lee to give it gravitas, but on the whole Full Moon have done a good job with this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6b588edc795467ecdfcc079ffc7eb778.jpg (93.1 KB, 7 views)