View Single Post
Old 11th November 2013, 10:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
Cheers Rik i was obsessed with Nirvana growing up. I was so gutted the day Kurt died. I remember it like it was yesterday hearing it about 3am on a crackled radio station i could never manage to tune in properly but i listened every night because it played rock and old blues records. I was 13 years old just 3 weeks short of turning 14 and i have no problem saying a shed a tear even that young i knew nothing would be the same again. I became a fan when i was 9 maybe a year after Bleach came out a guy was re wiring my house and he was listening to the album and it was the best thing i had ever heard in my life. Even now some songs are hard to listen to .
I found out the morning after as I delivered all the morning papers, I got home and got ready for school and was met at the bus stop by 3 of the lads I was going with in absolute bits, one of them just went home instead of going to school. We couldn't believe it, just over a week until we were gonna see Nirvana live and that happened, still gutted now almost 20 years later.
On a slightly related note; I've been doing a stereo and a 5.1 mix of Very Ape from the original audio files at college for the past few weeks, finished the 5.1 mix today and it sounds ****ing awesome. Unfortunately, we don't have the facility to bounce the session down, so I can only have a copy of the stereo mix. I'll try get it tomorrow to upload so everyone can have a listen, I think we've done it justice (well, I have seeing as I've done most of the work as usual!)
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!