View Single Post
Old 11th November 2013, 10:28 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post

LIVE FEED - From the director of 'Gutterballs' and 'Hanger', two lip smackingly sordid nasties which are much meaner and much better than this. Having said this, I enjoyed 'Live Feed', which at least manages to wallow unapologetically in its own sleaze when it finds it can't cut it in terms of plot or dynamics. It's pretty gory and, despite being an obvious 'Hostel' rip, throws a couple of Yakuza action type diversions into the pot as well. I was a little surprised to find it uncut in the uk, but I guess it doesn't go THAT far. Well, anyone checking this out probably knows what they're getting into so is unlikely to care too much about the shitty acting and awful shot on video look, but, on this last point, I have to say that the uk DVD presentation sucks big time. Still worth a look for Nicholson fans.
I too enjoyed Live Feed. It was a Poundland pick up a few years ago. As you say the shot on video look nearly kills it but i also felt it gave the torture scenes a tad more realism, as if the assailants were filming it for some grubby internet feed, but it didn't exactly enhance the rest of the movie.

I thought i was the only one who didn't loathe this film. Pleased there are other kindred spirits.