View Single Post
Old 17th November 2013, 03:30 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
Some good stuff there Troggi, Uzumaki is really interesting although i found the ending a bit disappointing, supposedly its from a manga or jap comic or summin. But good film still.
Never seen Condor so can't really comment on that.
Tideland is really interesting, i found it to be a bit like a kids version of Texas chainsaw in some ways. i found it uncomfortable too but when you evaluate it objectively it sort of isn't. I won't go into detail in case i put anyone off watching it, but it's a really interesting and brave film from Gilliam.

Devils Reject's is good but i still prefer the first movie House of a 1000 corpses, same characters just more horror based, very chainsaw grimy feel and grindhouse influenced shenanigans. Also i find it pretty funny too, if you haven't seen it check it out.
Personally though i'd say skip the Halloween remakes, they're not badly made just kind of screw up what made the original so good.
Tideland is very much an either "love it" or "hate it" kind of film. I loved it. Very uncomfortable to watch at times and the dreamy feeling the film has won't appeal to everyone. 8/10

Operation Condor... 4/10

The Devil's Rejects is a modern masterpiece IMO (as is it's predecessor)9/10. How can you not love White Zombie? They're awesome

Not seen the other film.