View Single Post
Old 22nd November 2013, 06:06 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Default What Have You Bought Recently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Well, out of the blue, Asda gave me a 20% discount day. With all my spending money tied up on Amazon purchases I didn't have a lot to spend I still went down and picked up a guilty pleasure of mine....
The message preview for this in Tapatalk only showed the first 8 words which I, in light of your recent work-related issues, assumed to be followed with "the sack". Glad it's not so!

I finally ordered the 2 Code Res blus last night after being paid and am hoping to get Invasion of the Body Snatchers (Arrow) and the Kenneth Anger BFI blu before leaving Manchester today

And re MoS, the main problem (aside from the head-splitting finale) was that it seemed embarrassed to be a Superman film, in line with its cooler, grittier interpretation . The problem with Superman Returns was that it was far too indebted and reverent to what had gone on before but MoS seemed to go too much the other way, ignoring or revamping too much of the mythology (Krypton with dragons? Sod off!) and having characters apologising for calling him 'Superman' in an annoyingly arch and knowing way.