View Single Post
Old 23rd November 2013, 09:58 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
I was quite tempted by the Spanish version of TCS - but I've held off from buying it due to lack of hard info. Do you know whether it's any good in terms of PQ etc?

'Superstition' is quite an effective little number and, although it's far from unknown, I'm surprised it's not mentioned more often. I was maybe a little underwhelmed by it this time around, if only because I watched it on the back of some Rebane weirdness (although it's a superior film in every conceivable way to 'Demons of Ludlow' apart from unintentional oddness.) I have the old American AB release from way back.
Interesting but pointless trivia regarding superstition. The unrated vhs release was cut, quite a bit of blood removed. Stablecane released a 'BBFC approved' version retitled THE WITCH which was fully uncut.

Both me and my friend Adam were dropping serious demands on the poor bloke from ARROW at Grimm up north to release it on BLU.

I have the R1 Anchor bay release and I think i'll watch it tonight!!!

Good reviews as always Frankie. If you liked Superstition may I recommend seeking out the John Hough directed THE INCUBUS. I discovered both films around the same time back in my teenage years of rooting through cardboard boxes at boot fairs looking for interesting horror titles. Scorpion have released the incubus recently in an affordable release on the Katerina label.