View Single Post
Old 25th November 2013, 11:13 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by anythinggoes78 View Post
Night of the Bloody Apes - Well i started to watch when it dawned on me things were missing, i only went and got the cut 2000Film version, so will need to get a different version Uncut.

Cannibal Terror - Awful film but sort of secretly enjoyed it because it was so bad.
I always try to get into 'Night of the Bloody Apes', but I never, ever can. At all. It's as though I've been banished from this level of filmmaking, somehow - namely, from something bad, flat and incompetent as opposed to the juicily mad incompetence of something like 'A Night to Dismember', for example, or a myriad others too embarrassing to name. But still, I feel it's better to check out the uncut versions of these things, although a few extra seconds of stock footage open heart surgery wouldn't float my boat, personally.

As for 'Cannibal Terror', I was going to say something about it but then realised I was thinking of the Jess Franco cannibal flick (known simply as 'Cannibals', maybe?) which was on the same label and made under similar circumstances and which is probably similarly awful but, like Jess's films even at their lamest, rocks a really weird psychedelic atmosphere in places.