View Single Post
Old 2nd December 2013, 07:43 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
My local Blockbusters closes down today and reduced all its stock by 90%. Not that much left but picked up:

The Raven (BD)
Mad House (the Amicus one)
Paperboy
Human Centipede 2

It was quite sad to see the place so empty, especially for the staff, who have always been really friendly and helpful. What really irked me is that one customer was having a go at the staff because there were a few items that were 'only' reduced by 50%, which they were claiming was false advertising - she was so annoyed she stormed out of the shop! I just thought that was the most petty and insensitive thing I'd ever seen, moaning about a few quid to people who will be out of a job this time tomorrow .
I remember when my store was closing at the beginning of the year. We put big signs everywhere saying we could no longer rent out discs.

In comes a customer who walks up to the desk with two games to rent. I apologized and told him we could no longer rent stuff out, pointing to the signs. I told him we were closing in a few days.

He screamed at me about it not being fair, turned as he left and said "i'm never renting here again"

"That's right" I replied. "your not"

If you work in retail long enough you realize a certain subsection of customers are completely self centered and oblivious to the world around them. Witness the recent attempt to introduce black friday to the UK. People beating each other up over cheap telly's.