Old 16th December 2013, 12:07 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
Well, this was unexpected!

Yahoo! - Family Guy kills off major character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
Oh, thanks for the spoiler. Why did I click.. why why why.
Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
... but this is Family Guy after all... so shouldn't take it as read that Brian snuffs it in anything other than a P.R. stunt... yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
Im abit annoyed now finding out about Brian like that i had no idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Me too, I blame Suzi for not using spoiler tags
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Seth Macfarlane's surely pop-culture literate enough to know something like this is a shameless attention-seeking shark jump surely?
Quote:
..Brian's current replacement, Vinnie, a wise-cracking Italian dog voiced by Soprano's actor Tony Sirico is only on a temp contract with the option of extending him. Also there are leaked future episodes with Brian in the title, although they could be flashbacks.

I dunno, I watched the clip and found it all rather blasé. Brian's a major character and the most sophisticated of the Griffins, I think to kill him off permanently would be a shot in the foot for the show. It wouldn't surprise me if it's just a cruel prank. I guess the ratings will speak for themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
I'm a fan of Family Guy myself mind, but this does seem a little out of the blue. I watched the episode where Brian dies and it did seem a little...underwhelming. For such a big character, you would have thought his death would have been much bigger.

Sure, having a character die could change the whole show and keep it nice and fresh, but when he's replaced almost straight away with a character who seems to be pretty similar, I'm not convinced. Surely, if they wanted to change the dynamic of the show they should have at least a good few episodes without anyone filling in Brian's shoes, or even just adding two dogs so there's some sort of rivalry between Brian and Vinny.
Quote:
Yes, I agree. I know FG is known for its sardonic approach, but Brian was a much-loved character, and to take him out in such a way seemed more than a little cold.
Yahoo News UK & Ireland - Latest World News & UK News Headlines - Family Guy fan pressure saves Brian

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty