View Single Post
Old 6th January 2014, 08:33 AM
Cult Rookie

Default VIPCOS Vault website

Hello all,
maybe not the place to introduce myself but I'm another VIPCO obsessive. I received a message from Reaperman about the forum and in particular this thread so I thought I'd introduce myself and my website.
I'm a researcher working on a project about the Video Nasties, VIPCO and the development of video and DVD in the UK.
As well as interviewing various key industry figures I have been collating the artwork and other ephemera at the website vipcosvault.co.uk alongside a reproduction of their website is a catalogue of titles, ads and interviews from the VIPCO's beginnings to when they shut up shop.
Obviously you all know VIPCO get a lot of grief about the quality of their releases, transfers, lack of extras etc. So there is a questionnaire to try and gauge the impact VIPCO might have had.
If anyone can help fill in the significant gaps in the release database please get in touch, I'm looking for artwork and catalogue numbers, and then I'll add the releases to the site along with trailers and synopsis and there is also a reviews option on each film.

I'm a fan of VIPCO from the early days so I'm hoping the site will eventually become a complete archive of everything VIPCO, fingers crossed

so if you've got 5 minutes take a look and let me know what you think

cheers

Mark