View Single Post
Old 7th January 2014, 12:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Some stuff from Christmas:

Some stuff in the sales:

Some post Christmas or New Year purchases:

I mainly got money for Christmas, which I'm still debating on what to spend it. I couldn't resist the Eureka sale, even though I fully hope two of these get BD upgrades (although even if L'Argent does, I imagine the booklet may well be downsized from the mammoth 80 pages!). I'm not really expectant that Silence would be upgraded anytime soon. I know they let a previous Shinoda release go out of print. Silent Night sticks out like a sore thumb in that middle photo. For that price I was happy to take the risk. I adore the original, and think it gets a bum rap.

Finally the delights of the BFI's Gothic season are making their way to my area. I saw The Innocents recently, and heard that La Belle et la Bête is heading to my local art house too. So now seemed a good a time as any to pick up their Gothic book, and Phantom, which dropped close to £13 recently. Schalcken the Painter, which I also wanted, seemed to rise in price at the same time, annoyingly. But I'll pick that up too sooner or later. I'm not sure why I got Man Of Steel. I had no prior interest in it, but it seemed much cheaper in HMV than online, and I've seen a lot of conflicting debate about it recently. Curious to see what all the fuss is about.

I've also picked up PlayStation Plus for the first time. I usually buy what I want when I want it, so I'm not entirely sure how cost effective it will be to me, but I'm prepared to give it a shot, as I'll likely end up with a PS4 this generation, and online play is now tied into Plus with the PS4 and not free anymore.