View Single Post
Old 11th January 2014, 08:20 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDogWeTrust View Post

Ichi The Killer

My favourite Takashi Miike film. I already own this one as well. I own a shitty Hong Kong dvd release of the film, which for a long time I thought was a bootleg. Still not even sure if it is or not. Also own the bloodpack edition DVD which I love for its special features but I hate the packaging. All the "blood" is dried up and the discs are now just sitting in this sticky plastic sleeve with all dried up red residue in it...and I have to like peel the plastic back before I can pull the discs out. It's awful! So that's the only reason I picked this one up. Still not sure about it though, as it doesn't have any special features or anything.

Can someone please recommend me a release for Ichi The Killer that's worth getting?
A good copy of the film with the special features that isn't in a shitty bloodpack please?
Even thinking of upgrading to BluRay for this one. I know there's a really cool German BluRay, which features a BluRay and 2 DVD's and includes special features...However subtitles are in German so that kind of ruins it.

I don't know, Someone recommend me a good Ichi The Killer release though!
Thr best release of Ichi is the Dutch 2 disc DVD. Fully uncut with options of subs or dubs plus loads of extras. The Hong Kong disc was horribly cut, almost worse than the English effort! (Don't even look at the English release, a waste of time and money!) On BD you so far have the option of the Austrian disc but that has NO English options or the USA BD but that is region locked, if you are region free this one is the way to go.
Ichi The Killer. Uncut rare Dutch release. Slipcase. | eBay

Ichi the Killer (Blu-ray Disc) 631595091182 | eBay