View Single Post
Old 20th January 2014, 07:18 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark meakin View Post
I have Frankenstein & The Monster From Hell which arrived today.Region B Blu-ray look quite nice in 1080i not 1080p and the dvd is R2/4 encoded.For some reason the extras including making of,Terence Fisher featurette & audio commentary (Marcus Hearn,Shane Briant & Madeline Smith) are not on the dvd included.Both discs run 90:37 & restore the longer shot of the asylum director's gory throat wound as well as all the other bits & pieces originally cut by the BBFC,and also missing from the DDHE & Paramount releases of the US theatrical release.
I watched this yesterday and thought it looked superb.The best I've ever seen it.
Tell me something Mark,the scene where they are transplanting the monster's hands and Briant states he can't hold the vein and stitch it at the same time,so Cushing demands a glass of water and holds the vein between his teeth as hi hands are knackered.

I don't recall seeing this before and I have owned the Terrorvision vhs(Which if I remember right,was butchered),the DD UK DVD the Dutch DVD and the German Hammer Edition dvd (Which tbh I haven't watched for a few years).
I'll need to double check the German disc,which is supposedly uncut....But I definitely don't remember that scene....

Anyway-Daemonia-big fan of this-grab one mate you won't be disappointed.

It's region B as well.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.