View Single Post
Old 2nd February 2014, 06:24 PM
Cult Addict

WORLD WAR Z.

Bought this on Blu-Ray for £3.99 in British heart foundation. Saw it at the cinema and enjoyed it more than the critics. Watching it on the small screen it still holds up as much as it did at the cinema. It's still a deeply flawed film, the extended edition re-instates some more bloody sequences but it's still one of the tamest Zombie films i've seen in terms of splatter. Essentially its a bunch of interesting scenes thought up and stapled together by a flimsy plot that fails to really make the most of the source material. Also lets not forget the ending, it feels better the second time around and as a stand alone sequence it is well shot. Unfortunately it still feels tagged on and rushed. Not a film I would pay big money for but at £3.99 it was worth a punt.

The Campaign.

Another film that got savaged by the critics and one I actually sort of enjoyed. Nowhere near as funny as Anchorman, step brothers it's more in the semi pro league as in intermittently funny. It does however make a really good statement on the fragility of democracy in the face of wealthy special interests. Rare to recommend a comedy based on its political message but this aspect is well observed. It IS funny in places, and I suspect the 10 minute longer extended version is the reason for this. Don't go into it expecting too much though and you may actually find some interesting things in this film. I do hate the ending though.