View Single Post
Old 22nd August 2009, 03:01 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Thanks for the reply, angel. You have a good insight into the BBFC's workings and I always enjoy reading your posts..
Thanks, Mojo

Quote:
I personally have been a big supporter of the BBFC in recent years and I understand why certain ( very few ) titles can run into problems. It really is unusual for a film to be cut, let alone banned these days, so maybe this is why this has caused such a stir
Nice to hear that you have been a supporter of the BBFC. It's not often you hear somebdoy saying that on these forums. When Ferman was around they used to ban so many films that people were probably just getting used to it but because the Board have now become so lenient it is true whenever they reject anything it tends to cause shockwaves.

Quote:
The BBFC's worry about justifying other cuts is interesting. My only worry is this could work the other way round and those advocating more censorship could point to Grotesque and argue why the BBFC could'nt have cut / banned other similar movies.
Well they could but the BBFC could answer that question if it was addressed to them quite easily.

Quote:
I applaud the BBFC for the way they have treated horror movies in recent years. I just hope this doesn't inadvertently lead to backward steps in future releases of films which, up until this point, would have remained uncut.
I'm pretty sure that it won't. Prior to the rejection of Grotesque there has been no evidence that the BBFC have been getting stricter again. Just the opposite really. They really do seem to be making an effort to pass whatever they can.

I always watch whatever I can regarding what the BBFC cut and ban just to see if the cuts really are justifed. So far from what I have seen they all seem to check out. So I am looking forward to seeing Grotesque for this reason.