View Single Post
Old 7th February 2014, 02:28 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

As silly as it sounds, a DVD sized case will put some people off. I'm not a huge fan of Dual Formats in DVD sized cases myself, but it won't necessarily stop me buying the release.

I know the Network release of The Man Who Haunted Himself (Dual Format in a DVD height case) got a lot of negative comments on a few Blu-ray related forums, it also found itself only being displayed in the DVD section of HMV, which you have to take into account. Will you still recoup costs for producing a Blu-ray if a portion of the typical Blu-ray buyers who don't browse DVD sections, don't know it's there? Perhaps it won't matter so much to Shameless, who often have an aisle end devoted to them in my local HMV. Certainly Network seem to have changed their packaging for future DF releases, whether that's due to high street presence or feedback only Network will know.

I kind of feel Shameless are a little damned either way. Those custom Blu-ray cases can't be cheap. It's nice they've pushed for a Blu-ray release, but they will get some flak if they stick it in a DVD sized case.