View Single Post
Old 13th February 2014, 12:43 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Fair enough. Though you clearly dont have the problems i get with dissapearing packages. Wether screen archives or tt deciding print runs its still a tricky issue as the sales on a fritz lang film noir and a john carpenter stephen king adaptation will always br different. Releasing fright night as a limited editon right as the remake was hitting cinemas was a really really bad idea whoever made it.
I can recall of only one parcel going astray in the past 18 months/two years, mate - was something I ordered from eBay. Everything else has arrived in good time. I guess I am very lucky.

Just to pick up on the point that you made about Fright Night, again, this is something that I am sure TT could not have helped. From what I gather, they have a complicated licencing deal with the majors that differs from any those in place with other distributors - they commit to 3K units whether they sell or not and those are pressed immediately, in one go and I am sure this is the reason why Fox, MGM and Sony have struck deals with them as it's a no-brainer given that they will get a fairly sizeable chunk of money for each and every one of the titles rather than the usual upfront and percentage of units sold.

Now, you'd have thought Sony would have though about hanging onto Fright Night themselves, as, as you quite correctly mentioned, it was issued around the same time as the remake. It's a very odd decision but again, so is the fact that the second film hasn't had a decent DVD or Blu-ray release either. The theatrical platform for the remake would have been the ideal time to get that out.