View Single Post
Old 15th February 2014, 01:14 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

The Devil Inside (2012)

A young woman goes to Italy and becomes embroiled in unauthorized exorcisms as she attempts to find out why her mother, now incarcerated by the Catholic church, murdered three people a decade earlier.

I seem to be on a bit of a run with distinctly average films from all genres at the moment. For the first forty minutes or so i found myself quite enjoying The Devil Inside. I liked it's documentary approach to the subject of exorcisms and found it quite captivating, a feeling also helped by some nice Rome location shooting as its a city i've been to a couple of times.

It all seemed to fall apart when we got to the exorcisms. People strapped to beds arching their back whilst shouting c**t at all and sundry gets a bit boring forty years after the classic film of The Exorcist. The fact it's all done shaky cam style made it even more tedious. Now i look back that's basically it. Half a film of watchable exposition and half a film of unvarying, pedestrian monotony. As for the creepy nun below. Don't blink or you'll miss her.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images.jpg (10.3 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Demdike@Cult Labs; 15th February 2014 at 01:37 PM.