View Single Post
Old 25th February 2014, 03:03 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Well Flesh For Frankie arrived, very impressed with how quick it got here, it was only posted on the 21/2/14 and I got it through my door today! from Australia! I've waited longer for things from London!!
Anyway, the disc. I've had a few copies on VHS but only 2 DVD's of this, the German Marketing Film release coupled with Blood for Drac and the Italian Raro release. Never got round to buying the Criterion so can't compare to that one. First off, it's 1080i but really, if that puts you off, you're in the wrong game. Easily the best I've ever seen it, more than happy with the picture quality. Note; I watched the first ten minutes then chapter flicked through it. Right at the beginning there was a few speckles but by the time I noticed them and started watching out for them, they were gone.
Extra's are nothing to shout about, feature commentary with Paul Morrissey and Udo Kier, screen tests with commentary by Paul Morrissey and production stills with commentary by Paul. Not even a trailer. Ho hum.
It comes in a slipcase like the AU Burning disc and has the same cover on the amaray box. I always feel let down if I buy a slipcase and the cover on the bluray is the same as on the slipbox, meh, that's just me, always wanting more!
At this time, on this planet, there is not a better release. Simple. That's not to say that in the future someone might bring out a 3D, loaded with extra's edition, but until then, this will do nicely.