View Single Post
Old 5th March 2014, 11:52 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smagmata View Post
This goes out to everyone who is saying "meh" to the first two movies:

You need to watch more Paranormal Activity. (sarcasm)

What I mean is, Human Centipede is a legitimate entry in modern horror that pushes the envelope for the sake of gross factor. In a market crammed with truly retarded "horror" movies, like the entire Paranormal Activity series, which in my opinion is nothing more than 2 hour long trailers for worn out horror themes, I think you need to put the Centipede movies back into perspective. I personally applaud Tom Six in his efforts to bring a fresh take on the familiar Mad Doctor genre with a lot of reliance on viewer imagination. Its as gross as you make it, or want it to be.

Personally, I think both franchises are just different strands of the same tedious way horror films are made these days. THC rams the gross factor down your throat with little else to say, PA films do the same with the quiet-quiet-quiet-BANG shocks.

There's no viewer imagination in THC films as far as I'm concerned; it's all there onscreen. I was intrigued by the look of the 2nd film and the different approach it took but I just got bored amidst all the nastiness. I'm similarly intrigued by the idea of an American-style widescreen film for the third but, y'know, once bitten and all that...