View Single Post
Old 10th March 2014, 12:28 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by zane View Post
Lords Of Illusion blu-ray pre-order for 7 pounds.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lord-Illusio...I20419B4GHNG5B
I refuse to buy it because only the theatrical cut is in HD. People are also reporting that the DVD which contains the DC is not present in the Blu-ray set, as advertised, but that's only hearsay at this point and I wouldn't put much credence on it. I'm steering well clear of this release, though. I'll stick with my DVD of the unrated Director's Cut, which is Barker's preferred version. By only inlcuding the theatrical cut in HD it's a bit of a slap in the face for Clive Barker. After all the interference Barker suffered with Nightbreed, when he signed up to do Lord of Illusions he made it absolutely clear that he would be able to assemble a proper cut on home video should alterations be made for its theatrical exhibition. He went to great pains to ensure that this would happen and that he wouldn't get shafted again. Barker also made sure that the DC wasn't some cobbled together affair, and that it would be put together using pristine materials and would be the equal, in quality, of the theatrical cut. If Barker felt it so important to preserve his unaltered vision for home video, why is it we're only getting the theatrical version? Barker has been very plain speaking in that the materials for the DC are in pristine shape and I would think are more than ready for an HD upgrade.

As a result, I won't be buying this release.