View Single Post
Old 17th March 2014, 11:44 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I must have missed that one.

No Vincent and the Doctor and Vampires of Venice or Pandorica / Big Bang?
Not going to lie but I found each and every one of those stories boring (with one exception)

Never got the love for VATD. The scene at the end with Vincent was good but the rest didn't interest me. Same goes for VOF.

Now episode one of The Pandorica Opens was a good set-up I'll admit and I highly anticipated the conclusion. However part 2 just angered me. Probably one of the most boring episodes I've ever seen. All they done was run around that museum and essentially nothing else happened that interested me.

TBH I'm not the biggest fan of story arcs that get in the way of individual episodes and their plot (the finger points at the Moff). RTD's era had Bad Wolf, Torchwood etc however they kept it toned down. Like when the kid writes Bad Wolf on the Tardis: Fair enough and I only noticed it during a re-watch of the series, same with the likes of the helicopter: "Bad Wolf 1 desending."

Moff on the other hand sticks it in essentially every episode. The whole Crack in Time arc of Season 31 didn't interest me one bit and I was annoyed whenever it showed up. Thats one of the main reasons I hate Matts first season. Though I liked the subsequent two, especially the final one as I find Clara as a character interesting and thus the arc easier to follow.