Thread: Hannibal
View Single Post
Old 8th April 2014, 02:09 PM
Active Cultist

Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler

Anyone see Mads Mikkelson serving Eddie Izzard up his own leg in the latest episode of Hannibal? One of the weirdest scenes I've ever come across. Izzard could barely keep a straight face uttering such lines as 'you're turning me into my own last supper?' and 'my compliments to the chef', and yet in the crazy-surreal universe of this show, it worked. If you're not watching Hannibal, think again. It's like prime 70s Argento doing a series of Millennium. Mind bending visuals, no real plot logic, a surfeit of loonies, implausibility by the bucketload and yet the 3 central performances by Mikkelson, Dancy and Fishbourne somehow hold the whole shebang together - unbelievably, they make it believable.
Some of the deaths in this show, Jesus. Skin Angels still my favourite, next to the 20 foot high corpse 'totem pole' or possibly the mushroom people - so many to choose from and we're only half way through Season 2!
Future classic, guaranteed, when everyone twigs what Bryan Fuller is up to he'll be hailed a genius.