View Single Post
Old 12th April 2014, 09:36 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

THE DEAD DON'T SLEEP. A gang of kids head to the lake for Spring Break in some old dog dick of a town. Here amongst the topless bathing and flesh flashes they are one by one kidnapped and taken to what looks like an industrial laundry to be processed... Yet more low budget high jinks with the normal quota of flesh and blood. People run up and down corridors in bikinis, so much so that at any moment I expected Frankie and Annette to appear. On the plus side this has the finest anti acting I have seen in an age, making me believe I was witnessing some art prank as the lack of acting looks stylized...no one could be that bad. There is a whiff of 2000 Maniacs about this but I would be buggered if I could tell you why. Contains a grossly overweight child eating pretzels throughout and twin goth Dominatrix who have the most pathetic slow motion fight with one of the heroes you are likely to ever see. As with a lot of these no budget gems, it goes on for ages and is in need of being pruned back to make a better film, well for some anyway, I love how these low budget film makers refuse to worry about pacing and the viewers boredom thresholds and just film and release every second of their scripts and visions.