View Single Post
Old 25th April 2014, 08:31 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SShaw View Post
Dead by Dawn celebrated the 100th Birthday of William Castle with a screening of the wonderful House on Haunted Hill which despite its age and familiarity still has one or two jump out of your seat moments.

More fun tomorrow.
The house on Haunted Hill is a classic, i still enjoy watching it if im stuck for a movie.

-
The Cars That Ate Paris - I saw this in Fopp for £3 and had always wanted to watch it as im a big Carmageddon fan and see the game paid homage to the film in some way. I enjoyed it a lot more than i thought i would. It was like The Wickerman meets BadTaste. Peter Jackson must have taken cues from this film for his comedy in Bad Taste for sure. The blurb on the back doesn't sell the film in a very good way, but i would agree it is a comedy.

The Long Weekend - I would love to write a fancy line like you guys can on this film but i can't find the words. I wanted a North by Northwest but didn't find that story set up in this film, instead i was pleasantly surprised to find an original film with fine acting great set pieces, strong plot and a nice surprise ending. I'm not convinced i will upgrade to the Blu Ray yet but i am sure i will go back to this film in the future.

(I'm sorry for my grammar guys, I'm working on it and apologize if anyone grinds their teeth reading my post haha. )