View Single Post
Old 27th May 2014, 02:48 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I wonder whether these delays have something to do with the sheer quantity of releases – Arrow are releasing loads more than they used to.
I also think it could be to do with being extra cautious re: quality control. Arrow have had their major and minor slip-ups in the past and were looking good in terms of no mistakes until the Theatre of Blood incident... maybe that was a little jolt and a reason for them to slow down and take extra care. After all, any mistake made due to 'rushing' out a release will be financially detrimental (and potentially have negative PR implications) for them.

All release dates tend to be indications only though. I pre-order a fair bit (mainly to lock in cheaper prices with Amazon etc.) and have received a lot of 'title delay' e-mails this year already from lots of different labels including 88 Films, Artificial Eye, BFI, Exposure, Eureka, Network, Second Sight... so it's not limited to Arrow. I think due to Arrow having mass appeal with a lot of people on here it tends to be more apparent when their titles are delayed though.