View Single Post
Old 6th June 2014, 08:57 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
'Super Duper Alice Cooper' is a documentary, produced by Banger Films, who were responsible for (amongst others) 'Metal: A Headbangers Journey', 'Iron Maiden: Flight 666' and 'Rush: Beyond The Lighted Stage'

In all honesty, the docu is a bit of a parson's egg - i.e it is good in places

PROS:
There is a lot of information that I did not previously know
There are many great clips of the man and band which I had never seen before
Also of note are the DVD extras, which consist of deleted scenes and additional interviews, which are well worth watching

CONS:
There are very few 'talking head' interviews. Most of the film is done as voice-over sequences
There are too many 'animated' sequences, which make it seem like the movie was shot in 3D, but is being presented as 2D
The film ends very abruptly. The final parts are from 'The Nightmare Returns' DVD, filmed in 1986, so there is no comment on Alice post then - no mention of 'Poison' etc

Don't get me wrong - it is a worthwhile purchase for any fan of Alice Cooper, rock and the evolution of music from the 1960's until the mid 80's, but it seems to be lacking...something!
Thanks! Seems I'll be best to wait for it to drop in price, or at least until I get back to the UK. Having to hit the brakes on my buying for now as I've not put much thought into the weight of what I've been buying out here. All adds up when it's time to go home!

That said, I've been at it again posts in relevant threads this time :P