View Single Post
Old 9th June 2014, 10:37 PM
Cult Addict

Riddick.

Something of a return to the low budget roots of pitch black. Riddick sees the eponymous anti-hero losing his edge as Lord Marshall of the necromongers, betrayed and left for dead on a seemingly empty planet. Riddick soon begins to get his game back surviving the harsh environment he's trapped on.

Eventually two groups of mercs arrive on planet with two separate sets of plans for Riddick. Things however, won't go smoothly for anyone.

What I like about the Riddick films is that he's very much in the same mould as pulp adventure heroes like conan. If you've read any of Robert E Howards stuff for example you will know that regardless of how well off the hero is at the end of the previous story its more than likely he will be stone broke and seeking adventure by the next one. Riddick seems to be quite similar in that respect.

The film does admittedly feel like a 'greatest hits' compilation of the better moments from previous films but is still entertaining. Like most of the riddick stuff it'll get a panning but become a cult hit over time. Personally i'm really hoping we see more as I really like the character and setting.