View Single Post
Old 11th June 2014, 03:22 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeKindRewind View Post
The Zavvi steelbooks do look very nice , especially the Phenomena one! The back cover is crazy! However , i think im still skeptical on Steelbooks and the price hike that comes with them , should they not have something more than a different cover to justify the price increasing so highly? I dont know but thats just my personal opinion.
They are pricey. Unfortunately the premium price tag comes from the limited availability coupled with the fact you are buying 'collectors packaging'. A lot of Zavvi's steelbooks do end up getting reduced in price (some as low as £8) during flash sales etc, however the limited print run and ultra limited print run editions tend to go quickly (some even selling out in a matter of hours - e.g. Army of Darkness) so it is a gamble.

I'm not really a steelbook 'collector' as such, but if there's a decent film of decent quality being released in a steel with some nice artwork then I'll tend to jump on it straight away so as not to miss out (if I can justify the price tag). I've also been quite lucky so far in that the ones I have bought haven't decreased much (if at all) in price.