View Single Post
Old 15th June 2014, 10:30 PM
Cultist in Training

Currently going through a bit of an asian cinema martial arts phase after watching ong bak the other night and just finish watching Azumi.
Holy sh*t! This film had me drawn in within the first 10 minutes and didn't let go until the end. Apparently its over 2 hours long but as the saying goes time flies when you are having funas dd not seem that long to me. I thought the action sequences were immense. In a nutshell (from what i could figure) Ten orphans are trained from a young age to become assassins and eliminate 3 warlords to keep their nation from plunging into a war and destroying itself.
Plenty of violence and blood during the many swordfights as well as a pretty high body count and would give this film an 8.5/10 any day. One I can see me watching again in the next week.
Personally I have not even scratched the surface when it comes to asian cimema (battle royale, ong bak, kung fu hustle, sex & fury and this are literally all I've seen) so if you are thinking of dipping your toes into asian action/martial arts type cinema, even with what little I have seen imo this is a great introduction to the genre.Chances are there is better out there but I'm sure there is plenty worse too.