View Single Post
Old 26th June 2014, 06:33 AM
Cult Addict

LORDS OF SALEM

Given the general rotten reception this film got on release and the bad word of mouth it has received, I sat down to watch LOS with very low expectations.

I was surprised to find however, that I actually enjoyed the film a lot more than I thought I would.

Part of the appeal may have been watching it at my friends house. He has a killer surround setup and the moody music really works. The soundtrack is fantastic throughout.

Lords takes the Rosemary's baby style satanic conspiracy and really runs with it. There are some amazing visuals to the film that look bloody gorgeous in HD and framed with a definite Kubrick influence. The films finale however also suggests Mr Zombie has been watching a bit of Ken Russell too, especially The Devils and Lair of the white worm.

The film isn't perfect however, and I am aware that it all took a bit of editing as the first cut of the film simply did not work (explaining some of the differences between book and film) Also the film experienced the sad passing of Richard Lynch so william mather had to be recast. Fortunately Andrew Prine came in to work on the film so they got a great actor as replacement.

Also really enjoyed Judy Geeson, Dee Wallace and Patricia Quinn as the witches as well as Meg foster as Margaret Morgan.