View Single Post
Old 5th July 2014, 03:23 PM
Cult Master

Episode 7 - ?????????

Episode 8

Written by Jamie Mathieson.

Directed by Paul Wilmshurst.

Guest cast: Frank Skinner, David Bamber as Quell, Daisy Beaumont as Maisie, Janet Henfrey, Christopher Villiers, Foxes.

Jamie Mathieson: “Steven Moffat says: “the Doctor is finally catching up on his phone calls.”… heh heh heh. Speculation – go!”

Foxes: “I can’t believe I’m actually going to be in an episode of Doctor Who! I was playing a gig and got chatting to the show’s production team who’d been watching my performance. I was telling them how much I loved Doctor Who and next thing they invited me to be on it.”

Steven Moffat: “We are completely thrilled that the amazingly talented Foxes is joining us on board … well, you’ll see. Let’s just say, the Doctor is finally catching up on his phone calls.”

Jamie Mathieson: “Watching rushes from my episode. Seeing Capaldi and Skinner say lines I made up feels like a fever dream. This is going to rock!”

Frank Skinner: “I love this show. I subscribe to Doctor Who magazine, I’ve got a TARDIS ringtone, a five-foot cardboard Dalek in my bedroom and when I got the call saying they wanted me to read for the part, I was in the back of my tour bus watching episode three of ‘The Sensorites’. I am beyond excited.”

Steven Moffat: “It’s no secret that Frank [Skinner]‘s been pitching vigorously to get into Doctor Who for a while. He’s been volunteering to be ‘third monster on the left’ as long as I’ve been in this job. But now, in Jamie Mathieson’s sparkling script, we finally have a part that can showcase all of Frank’s famous wit and charm. Hopefully he’ll get out of my garden now.”

Jamie Mathieson: “I am writing for the British institution, children’s nightmare factory and infinite narrative sand-pit that is Doctor Who. Which is an honour. And a joy. And a huge pressure. And very, very cool.”

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty