View Single Post
Old 9th September 2009, 02:59 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I do see what you mean eiren, but wouldn't it be nice to have then all in one package.?

I currently dont own Argento's cut on DVD. I had it on VHS donkeys ago but thats long gone

I know its disappointing that all 3 aren't BluRay HD but I imagine that film condition, cost and time to make it an all Hi Def package played a part in ARROW's final decision on how to release this. .
I recon they looked at what the opposition was and put together a clearly better alternative, that imho wont be bettered for quite some time to come , as although its a well known title with cross over appeal, its still basically a 30 year old , low budget, horror film and as such this is overall a pretty impressive package that you normally dont see for such films here in the UK .
Look at Hostel and Hostel 2 , 1 version and not much else, and Roth was the 'bankable cool kid' at the time of they're release.

Although the other 2 DOTD films are in SD im sure ARROW will have them in a good high quality so that they should look great when upscaled.

Last edited by vipco; 9th September 2009 at 03:11 PM.