View Single Post
Old 26th July 2014, 11:58 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Delays generally don't bother me in the slightest, however, I think Arrow need to be a bit more savvy with their delays. September is now an unreasonably expensive month from their releases alone.

Quote:
September 8th – Camera Obscura and the individual Borowczyk titles
September 15th – Brute Force, The ‘Burbs and Killer Klowns from Outer Space
September 22nd – Stray Cat Rock Collection and Night of the Comet
September 29th – Mark of the Devil, Salvatore Giuliano and Shivers
I have no issue with around 4 releases a month from a label, but there are 7 I have pre-ordered (one a box set and two steelbooks). Sadly a couple will now be cancelled, and I'll relegate them to £7.99 buys in Arrow's end of year sale. I only have so much disposable income I can spend on releases, and I regularly purchase from a wide range of labels both in my home territory and internationally. Of course, there's no rush to purchase everything (besides the limited releases), but I don't think it's good for the consumer, nor good for Arrow themselves. It surely can't be good for them to have people cancelling pre-orders and waiting for sales to pick them up for a fraction of the cost.

Fortunately for me I'm not interested in the Camera Obscura set, and I have one of the releases already via Scream Factory, but I can see arduous financial times for those picking up all of the above. Of course knowing Arrow, it's probably likely some of those will be delayed even further, which will lighten the load.