View Single Post
Old 6th August 2014, 05:42 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default lazy repost time

The Worm Eaters (1977).
Quote:
Herman Umgar, a German hermit, has an ability to communicate with worms. One day the mayor of the town runs him off his property, so in revenge he plants worms in everybody's food.However, these worms are a special breed of mutant worms from the Red Tide, and when the people eat them they are transformed into giant worms themselves. These worm-people also become Herman's slaves.
Try a little experiment,stick your fingers down your throat,get that gag reflex goin,this will help in understanding the feelin im trying to convey.
Not much can offend or shock me,very little Ive seen over the years has really made me feel physically sick,and that includes the endless mondo movies I have watched.(not even Divine's dog turd seen).
But for some unholy reason The Worm Eaters had the desired effect on me,repulsion and the gag factor came into play as a bunch of not very good actors thought that shoving worms in there gob would be a ticket to stardom and fame.Now wether they were real or not,(and they looked damn real to me) the very thought alone of those critters wiggling down someones gullet really made me feel quite sick.
Perhaps it was the low budget gritty feel of the film that made it so icky,or perhaps it was the gonzo actors who would seemingly shove anything in an orrifice just so long as it was on camera.
No worm related film before or since has really nailed it like this one has,Parasite,Deadly Spawn or Slugs are fun movies but don't have the worm factor about them.
Produced by Ted V.Mikel's him of the Corpse Grinders and directed (HA) by Herb Robins?,this has the classic feel of low budget grindhouse that you only get with a 70's movie, there is a plot in there somewhere,but I gave up following the story because every time I saw a seen where some one had worms in there mouth I was both grossed out and transfixed,gee perhaps this was a good film after all,I mean im still watching it even tho I wanna barf.
No i just remembered Ill watch any old crap,which kind of brings me around to my final thought,what happened
after the worms were eaten?MMMMMM I think a sequel is needed.