View Single Post
Old 13th September 2009, 05:50 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Was the snuff footage badly cut or was it the sex scenes that were cut in Emanulle , Angel.?

Were the cuts pre edited or BBFC cuts.?

Do you recon The Untold Story would lose whole scenes or just minor trimming to any offensive scenes , if submitted fully unrated today .?
The BBFC have never allowed any of the snuff footage scenes to pass here, either in 1977 or 1987. Not really surprising is it. Even today the scenes maybe problematic. Some of the sex scenes have been cut in the past, although mostly minimal cuts. In any case I don't think the uncut version of the film has ever been submitted to the BBFC, some of the hardcore stuff for a start has clearly been removed prior to film and video submission. The bestiality was cut for video. I very much doubt they would pass the scene today.

So some of the cuts were BBFC and some of it pre cut.

The bestiality in Untold Story would never get through. It's very explicit. And I can't see the BBFC passing the huge amount of hardcore in an exploitation film like this. It would be interesting to see but I can't see it happening. I saw the unrated version recently and the scenes are very strong. "Not justified by context" I would imagine is what they would say. The 9m of cuts the BBFC made to the version they saw in the early 80's would probably get through now though.