View Single Post
Old 26th August 2014, 07:27 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@TheOverlook View Post
I think the fact that Bill Lustig lives a comfortable life and the gradual decline in physical sales has probably prompted him to be less prolific. Someone I know had dinner with him a year or so ago and Bill said that there was not a lot of money to be made anymore - my guess (and it's a guess, not fact, of course) is that if you didn't need to make heaps of cash you'd probably slow down which is where they're at, I think. Bear in mind that Lustig was heavily involved with the Anchor Bay US releases at the start of the Millennium, a time when the industry was at its peak, he's seen a bigger decline than many of his younger competitors. I'm sure that would be quite disheartening.
Let's hope he doesn't stop.

Few titles lately,but that doesn't stop BU from being one of the finest labels out there.
Who else would be bothered to release Zombie Creeping Flesh and Rats Night of Terror?

Besides-don't throw any towel in Bill until you've given us the massively underrated SHOCK WAVES on Blu Ray mate!

I'll be buying his STAGEFRIGHT along with the UK release as well.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.