View Single Post
Old 5th September 2014, 05:11 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Runaway nightmare.

Some late night pre-bed entertainment. Runaway nightmare is some kind of freakish desert based acid laced oddity that feels like it was shot in the manson family's old stomping grounds. Two blokes in the desert farming worms witness a woman being buried in the desert. They dig her up and are promptly kidnapped by a gang of female gun runners, used as dogsbodys'/sex slaves and then drawn in to some kind of heist/revenge against 'the cartel' . Theres lots of wandering round the desert compound attempting to be profound while discharging firearms, a fair bit of sex and then the heist itself as well as some kind of crptic vampire sub plot that seems to be working as both a metaphor for power dynamic and an anti-nuclear statement.

I'm not sure what kind of bin Vinegar syndrome found this in but i'm glad they did. This is one of those weird as f*** films that would normall surface in some kind of ragged beat up print in a 50 film set released by mill creek. Here Vinegar syndrome have given it a full restortation so it can sit proudly next to the well retored night train to terror and massage parlour murders!

The blu-ray is region free and looks genuinely impressive. If you like ropey post hippie desert based psychadelia with pretensions to art then you will probably get a lot of enjoyment out of this. Gore hounds looking for something a bit more down to earth will probably walk away a little bewildered.

Glad you liked it! It's madness incarnate, isn't it? Well on its way to becoming an all time fave of mine, and certainly the best freaked out thing I've seen all year.