View Single Post
Old 6th September 2014, 10:56 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Creature from Black Lake (1976)

Another 'Creature Feature', this time concerning Bigfoot.

Creature from Black Lake concerns two companions who travel to the Louisiana swamps to try and find Bigfoot. On the way they meet up with a local named Orville who's parents were killed trying to flee the creature many years before when their car hit a tree. Orville invites the duo to stay with him and his grandparents who have been responsible for raising him after his parents' untimely demise.

The biggest surprise here is how well the characters are fleshed out for such a low budget film. The performances are also solid overall, and the two leads bounce off of one another effectively to the extent that the characters portray an air of believability. This fact, whilst productive to the plot is a bit of a moot point overall considering the Bigfoot action is extremely minimal and fairly tame.

If you're looking for a fun Bigfoot film, I'd point you away from Creature from Black Lake, which came across as more of a character focused drama in many respects than the B-movie shlockfest which I had prepared myself for.