View Single Post
Old 10th September 2014, 12:51 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Go on, why?

It always seems less bloody than other slashers, less exploitative all round, poorer acting too. and the big reveal is hardly mind altering. In fact it almost seems cliched.

I actually prefer the two sequels to the original.
Simply put: It's more unusual and interesting to me, really. This in turn makes it more enjoyable and rewatchable. For me, slashers don't necessarily have to be bloody or exploitative (although this does often help), they just have to break the mold a little, be a bit unique/unconventional to prick my interest more.

I also really like the first two SC sequels (again more so than The Burning or F13th).

As hinted at above, my favourite slasher films tend to be the more 'off-the-wall' kind, and this is probably the reason I don't really like many of the franchise slasher films too much (F13th, Elm Street, Child's Play). Maybe if I grew up with them and watched them as and when they were released it may have been a different story, but give me stuff like Stagefright, Pieces and Maniac over any of the heralded slasher franchises any day.