Thread: Censorship
View Single Post
Old 13th September 2014, 08:31 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

A few days after my latest rant (I have a few...normally on this very subject!) I always feel slightly ashamed and dirty like Ron after being down the docks for a double shift.
I can't help it.....it boils up and spews out in a vitriolic bile of unadulterated hate and loathing that has been carefully nurtured for too many decades.
What amazes me nowadays though is not so much the BBFC cutting films, as that is what they do, whatever they want to call themselves, but the total apathy from "horror fans" who then excuse and agree with them.
If fans back in the '80's had the same reaction, then today we would even worse censorship than we already do. We fought against it, had underground 'zines, organized film fairs and special screenings and wherever you met another fan you had one thing in common, the hatred of an organization that said we were too immature to watch a fantasy film.
Today so called fans applaud and agree with censorship, it makes me shake my head in disgust and shame. Then the rant comes out!
Very few of you seem bothered that the BBFC STILL cut between 20 and 70 films a year.....think about that next time before saying that they are Classifiers and so much better than they were before.
If you really want to set me off in full on rant mode then tell me that they only cut things required by law now and I will tell you your arrogance is only exceeded by your ignorance!
The censorship in this country is far more about class and education than harmful images, the elite will send you off to kill foreigners for cheaper oil (Or Stargates if you believe the documentary on H2 yesterday!!!) but when you return will forbid you to watch a 30/40 year old film, "in case your mind cannot separate a film from reality." Really? Fu*k off!

I would like to thank Cult Labs for not removing my rages against the machine and not banning me....some of you may not agree with my viewpoint but you are just wrong!!