View Single Post
Old 26th September 2014, 09:23 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009) Ok, the first movie was alright, nothing great, but this? This just about has everything wrong with it! From Megan Fox and her vacuos expression to the 'comedy' that really did the picture no favours! Every single character was a stereotype, Glenn Morshower and his take no shit general, Fox and her 'oh so beautiful face' not too mention her short shorts and the less said about Turturro the better. I understand that its a film for the masses so plays on the stereotypes and comedy but come on, it really didn't try to be serious did it. What also annoyed me was as the 'Devastator' was attacking the main pyramid, (which has a pretty distinctive cap), you had Turturro observing it face front towards you....but the pyramid that was being ripped apart was behind him with no giant CGI robot on it and still intact! Sloppy filmmaking.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011) Slightly better than its predecessor, but not by much! Fox has been replaced but only by another blank faced piece of eye candy. The comedy has been toned down....ish. One of the main problems for me at least is that during the fight scenes between the 'bots' so much is going on with so many moving parts its a little hard to tell whats going on. Another wasted opportunity!

Transformers: Age of Extinction (2014) Better than 2 & 3, its lost the original cast and the comedy has been dumbed down but it still makes the mistake that the previous three have made, that of being overlong, 2h45m!

Just goes to show that no matter how much money you throw at these big budget blockbusters it dosen't mean that you going make a great movie!