View Single Post
Old 6th October 2014, 10:10 AM
Cult Addict

Final day of grimm....

open grave

So glad i have this pre-ordered off zaavi. The film opens with the well worn plot device of amnesia and develops into somthing quite compelling and moody. Try not to read to much about the film as its best going in not knowing what to eexpect. The real acid test for this one will be with the second viewing.

dead snow 2

Was supposed to be shivers but some last minute issues forced a change to this. I was happy as i enjoyed the original a lot. This one really ups the gore and laughs and is a rare beast indeed. A sequel that surpasses the original.

get some

Entertaining short about a steve irwin-esque zombie hunter. Looks like it may be getting developed into a tv series.

life after beth

Quirky indy comedy with a relatively starry cast about a grieving young man whose girlfriend comes back. A lot better that i had thought i suspect i will be watching it again.

the woman.

Last minute replacement for the german film the samurai. Not much new i can say on this one suffice to say its still as shocking as it was on its first viewing.

wolf cop

Exactly what it sounds like. Good trashy fun with plenty of gore.

the canal

A frankly unsettling and genuinely frightening ghost story that starts with slow burning menace and gets gradually more terrifying as it progresses with a genuinely shocking end. Well worth checking out.

the samurai

Finally they got it working. To sum the film up i would describe it as transvestite samurai sword massacre inspired by homosexual panic. Beautifully shot and darky humourous, the film is an inspired rage at small town homophobic predjudice.. it a film that requires some level of analytic dissection to pick apart its various themes but is definately one to see if you can.