View Single Post
Old 19th September 2009, 02:08 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Super Happy

I think the problem with TBT is that people expect Chiba to be the man of action in the film but judging from the reviews i've read he plays something of a supporting role as the train driver struggling to maintain his speed. So we aren't getting the ball rippin', eye pokin', teeth bashin' and brain smashin' tough guy we get in The Streetfighter trilogy.

I think if potential viewers approach TBT with an open mind and lose any image of Chiba dominating the movie then it may be a more enjoyable and less disappointing experience.
When i get around to watching TBT that's the frame of mind i'll be in so hopefully it won't be a complete letdown.

Where The Streefighter series is concerned no doubt the first film is by far the best but the sequels also remain watchable and i think those wanting to check these out will find no better versions than Optimum's DVD box set. The PQ is simply superb and i only keep Diamond's obscure U.S. equivalents because of the amusing English dubbing. But make no mistake the U.K. prints win hands down.

"That's a load of Sukiyaki!"