View Single Post
Old 20th September 2009, 09:53 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
When Blu-ray players and discs are as cheap and have the huge variety of titles that DVD has, then I may feel the same way you do.But they aren't and they don't and it's going to take a long while for them to catch up because new DVD titles are constantly being released and the average consumer is always going to go for the cheaper good quality option imo.It's not as if DVD is VHS quality, brand new movies look great on DVD.I say if you're not happy with Arrow's package, don't buy it!
I don't understand your comment, you completely misunderstood my post. I'm not trying to sell Blu-Ray players to everyone, I don't get paid to advertise either format, you obviously do whatever you want with your money.
And again, my post wasn't a Blu-Ray vs DVD post. It was my feedback, as a Blu-Ray owner, of Arrow's first Blu-Ray release. I think honest feedback should be given to a company that's open to it's customer's opinions, but it seems some of you think I'm supposed to just plain "kiss" their ass and say how great Arrow is, when effectively while much is being done good with this release (extras, lovely cover, ...) there is room for improvement.

And I don't get this "I say if you're not happy with Arrow's package, don't buy it!" thing, because like I already said I'm buying the release anyway, to support Arrow's first BD release (which will hopefully work out well enough for us to get further BD releases). I just posted my thoughts, nothing more nothing less. All I said is: BDs for BD releases, DVDs for DVD releases. I don't understand why several of you are all worked up. I didn't say "stop releasing films on DVD" and/or force everyone to own a BD player, I only said (and I say it again): you shouldn't include DVDs on a Blu-Ray release to cater to people who don't own a BD player, when this content could be made available on a second Blu-Ray disc with better results.