View Single Post
Old 12th October 2014, 01:57 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I'm not voting in the poll because there isn't a category for me.

It's a necessity for the films in some genres.
I didn't want to explore sub-genre Dem just the general genre of Horror. Whilst i understand your not countering this argument i would mention that I'm not advocating nudity to be removed from horror just asking how many of use feel it would be missed if not included at any level.

I can't imagine Sleep away camp would be the same film if we didn't see the todger at the end for example. I am just fed up of trying to argue that nudity (whilst in most horror films) really isn't all just tasteless attempts to see a couple of nipples in a forested area.

I'm currently watching Funhouse by Tobe Hooper and he has a carnival that has three nude women modeling. I can't say that an American carnival of it's time wouldn't have had this kind of entertainment but it MAY be safe to say that the male characters egging the female characters (Whom they are trying to date and ultimately get intimate with) to 'take a look' would be somewhat alien IF those women are anything like the women i have ever taken on a date. so when i watch the film and say for example the other half notices i have three nude women on my screen, it can make for a difficult occasion to try and explain WHY i watch these films and WHY Arrow should take some of our low income per month... my issue is, im loosing the fight - i enjoy films about messed up monsters that want to eat people in a carnival setting BUT i personally couldn't give a hoot if i saw any nudity or not in said films BUT i do live with people who DO care and i can't always give good reasons for me wanting these films.
So i thought (rather than pack my Tutu and Arrow film collection then movie in to Ron's basement) i would try and find some better reasons from guys who know lots more than i do. (that's all of you).

I can see that the poll is going very well and lots of you guys are like myself - nudity is a 'take it or leave it' kind of thing in horror movies. And even if we have folks here that do want nudity in horror films that isn't a bad thing, I'm not against it or wanting it gone.

If that didn't settle your mind i am happy to have you add the fourth entry to the Poll and see if that helps others take the poll too.

and again i can;t thank you all enough for respecting this issue to the point where we can debate it with some respect as we are. at this stage i am usually dodging coffee mugs in our house!